Harder than plaster yet still smoother than cement.
The texture is similar to a cement feel, but much smoother in appearance. Composi-Stone is ideal for lawn and shelf ornaments, sculptures, craft parts, and other general applications.This plaster/cement system uses a Dry mix and water at a ratio of 2.5 parts powder to 1 part water by volume. It solidifies to a beautiful light Gray color.
Shelf Life and Storage: Composi-Stone should be stored at room temperature in a dry location. Containers must be tightly closed as a protection from moisture and foreign material.
Directions for Use:
When using the Composi-Stone Mix in a ComposiMold, make sure the ComposiMold is completely cooled to room temperature or lower prior to use. Use a mold release that works with plaster or cement (ComposiMold's Vegetable-Oil Mold Release works great).
Measure between 2-2.5 parts dry mix to 1 part water, by volume, into a mixing container such as a plastic cup or bucket. For better accuracy, the components can be weighed. The mixing ratio, by weight, is 2 parts mix to 1 part water. Start mixing immediately and be sure to scrape the material off the sides of the mixing container. Mix until all parts are mixed up and there are little to no lumps.
After thorough mixing, pour the mix into the ComposiMold mold cavity. Using a ratio of 2:1 by volume will result in an easier pour, but a longer cure time. The ComposiStone will begin to cure and solidify within 5 to 10 minutes depending on the temperature and the amount of water that was used. Wait approximately 3-4 hours before removing the part from the ComposiMold mold. Less time may deform the part.
To improve clean up after using the Composi-Stone Mix, rub some Vegetable-Oil Mold Release on the mold. Tools and equipment should be scraped clean prior to the mix curing and hardening.
Safety:The powder may cause eye, skin, dermal, and respiratory sensitization. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Use in a well ventilated area or wear a dust mask while mixing. If skin contact occurs, remove with soap and water. In case of eye contact, flush with water for 15 minutes and seek physician support.